Equality and Diversity Policy
Bedford Radio is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion, and firmly opposed to unlawful discrimination, in working with volunteers and providing services to listeners and the wider community.
We commit to:
- Creating a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, where dignity and respect are promoted for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued;
- Taking seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow volunteers, the public and any others in the course of our activities;
- Dealing with any such complaints under our complaints policy, recognising that particularly serious complaints could require investigation for possible criminal offences.
- Making decisions concerning our services and volunteers based on merit, apart from in any necessary and limited exemptions and exceptions allowed under the Equality Act;
- Reviewing practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and updating them and this policy to take account of changes in the law.